Well I have got to admit it. It was time because I had just purchased the most amazing and awesomest baking tool : the Corer with Plunger Center Remover Fill Middle.
Every cooking geek’s fantasy.
And so I tried it with chocolate cupcakes filled with vanilla creme!
I must admit, it was pretty cool having this little gadget, and it made the cupcakes taste so much better, so much creamier!
I didn’t have enough filling though, so I had to improvise for the second cupcakes batch: I let it snow confectionner’s sugar.
And another cool trick : when you remove the center of your cupcake, don’t waste it. You can either eat it (I did that for the first batch) and also use it as decoration (I did that thanks to the second batch and the little voice inside my head reminding me of the fact that I did NOT run anymore).
Here is the recipe for these cute cupcakes and their frosting cream. Yes the cupcakes were photographed with my daughter’s cute rabbit. Yes I am aware it’s not Easter yet:
Choco Cupcake Base
- 1 1/2 cups (190 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (100 grams) sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick or 113 grams) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup (113 grams) sour cream
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Half baking chocolate bar (you can go crazy and even add a full one)
Vanilla Frosting base
- 300 g of philadelphia creme cheese
- 120g of icing sugar
- 60g of butter (soft)
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- The secret ingredient that makes it sooooo delicious : add vanilla seeds !
By the way it nibbled its way though one when I was not looking. Damn you plastic rabbit.
Yes rabbit I know you did it, don’t look so innocent!